Thursday, September 30, 2010
-"It's a big challenge for me, but I'm getting better physically. I'm doing a lot of weight training to build myself up. The battles are much more physical, the attackers are rougher and the matches are more intense," Koscielny about joining the Premiership.
Koscielny is also hoping that his appearances for Arsenal will lead Laurent Blanc to call him into the France team, "I think I can break into the squad. Euro 2012 is a target for me."
Should we completely forget about Koscielny?
2. GKS Belchatow-Lech Poznan. Saturday 1 PM EST. The most entertaining match on schedule in the Ekstraklasa. After drawing with Wisla Krakow 1:1 last week, GKS Belchatow will try to take away three points at home from Lech Poznan. While Lech will try to get back onto the rode with a win. Should be a fun match to watch.
3. Borussia Dortmund-Bayern Munich. Saturday 9:30 AM EST In this match, our three Poles will face the hardest challenge this season. With a hot start to the season, Borussia sit second with 15 points in the standings.
4. Gornik Zabrze-Jagiellonia Bialystok Saturday 1 PM EST. A battle between first place side and fourth place side. Both sides shocked us with a hot start to the new season. Should be a high scoring and exciting match.
5. Arles-Avignon-Auxerre Saturday 2 PM EST. Auxerre with Jelen and Dudka will take on last place side Arles-Avignon. Jelen should get a goal in this match. A poor start to the season should give Auxerre a huge lift.
- Ludovic Obraniak played 90 minutes in Lille's 1-1 draw with KAA Gent.
- Kamil Glik spend the whole match on the bench in Palermo's 1-0 win over Lausanne Sports.
- Lukasz Piszczek played 90 minutes in Borussia Dortmund's 1-0 lose to Sevilla.
- Jakub Blaszczykowski started, played 76 minutes and took one shot in Borussia Dortmund's 1-0 lose to Sevilla.
- Robert Lewandowski came off the bench in the 76th minutes in Borussia Dortmund's 1-0 lose to Sevilla.
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton).
Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Steve Cherundolo (Hanover), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Eric Lichaj (Aston Villa), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham).
Midfielders: Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro), Michael Bradley (Moenchengladbach), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Brek Shea (FC Dallas).
Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Eddie Johnson (Fulham).
**Eric Lichaj from Aston Villa was called up to the US NT from friendly match against Poland. He was born in the US but his parents, Stan and Ann, were born in Poland and Eric Lichaj owns a Polish passport.
Lech Poznan 2:0 Red Bull Salzburg
1:0 Manuel Arboleda 47'
2:0 Slawomir Peszko 79'
Lech: Jasmin Buric - Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (53. Jacek Kielb), Bartosz Bosacki, Manuel Arboleda, Luis Henriquez - Marcin Kikut, Siergiej Krivets, Dimitrje Injac (85. Kamil Drygas), Slawomir Peszko - Semir Stilic - Artjoms Rudnevs (80. Artur Wichniarek).
Salzburg: Gerhard Tremmel - Christian Schwegler, Rabiu Afolabi, Ibrahim Sekagya, Franz Schiemer - Gonzalo Zarate (58. Jakub Jantscher), Simon Cziommer (77. Roman Wallner), David Mendes da Silva, Christoph Leitgeb (77. Joaquin Boghossian), Dusan Svento - Alan.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
-"Yes, I was happy [with the penalty save]. Who knows what might have happened had Partizan got back to 3-2. They could have thrown all their players up," Fabianski said after the match.
-"But luckily I saved the penalty and the game was easy to finish. Overall I'm pleased with my performance. Not just some of the saves I made but my reading of the game, coming for the crosses and the way I played with my feet. Every aspect is important to me and in general I am pleased," Fabianski added.
Manuel Almunia was ruled out of Tuesday's win and is a major doubt for Sunday's trip to Chelsea. And Fabianski insists if he is needed again, he will be ready for the challenge. -"'I am ready. I was always ready."
Do you think Fabianski will get to start against Chelsea?
After shocking Juventus, Lech Poznan will now face Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg. The match will start at 3:05 PM Eastern.
- Rafal Murawski played 90 minutes and took one shot in Rubin Kazan's 1-1 draw with FC Barcelona.
- Tomasz Kuszczak spend the whole match on the bench in Manchester United's 1-0 win over Valencia.
- Sebastian Boenisch did not dress due to injury in Weder Bremen's 4-0 lose to Inter Milan.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
On Lukasz Fabianski’s performance…
Fabianski had a good game, we have seen the player tonight who we see in training. He had a faultless game. I know it is in him. He got it out in the game tonight and hopefully that will give him the needed belief and confidence. I am confident he will come out as a great keeper, I have always said that. We have to keep confidence in him and he needs to gain experience from games like this. At the moment Almunia is injured, we will have to see how his injury goes but at the moment it is too early to say.
What did you think about Fabianski's performance today?
Lukasz Fabianski played 90 minutes in Arsenal's 3-1 win over Partizan Belgrade in the UEFA Champions League. The only goal allowed by Fabianski was in the 33rd minute from a penalty kick. In the 84th minute Fabianski had revenge over Cleo. The referee called from another penalty against Arsenal but this time our Pole saved it.
The only goal allowed by Fabianski
Match Highlights with Fabianski's penalty kick save and fantastic save in the 90th minute
Dariusz Dudka (AJ Auxerre)- Strong in the challenge and also showed an inclination to come forward when appropriate. Read the game well in addition. Rating 7
Ireneusz Jelen (AJ Auxerre)- Betrayed his lack of match sharpness as he could not hold the ball up and he was tired after just 30 minutes of the second half. Also lacked his usual customary composure when he got within sight of goal. Rating 5
Lukasz Fabianski (Arsenal)- Had very little to do throughout but responded well to the faith shown in him by boss Arsene Wenger with excellent save from Cleo's second half penalty. Could do nothing about Partizan's goal. Rating 7.5
- Dariusz Dudka played 90 minutes and took two shots in Auxerre's 1-0 lose to Real Madrid. Dudka played as a left defender.
- Ireneusz Jelen came off the bench at halftime, took two shots and recived a yellow card in Auxerre's 1-0 lose to Real Madrid.
- Jerzy Dudek spend the whole match on the bench in Real Madrid's 1-0 win over Auxerre.
- Lukasz Fabianski played 90 minutes, made four saves and saved a penalty kick in Arsenal's 3-1 win over Partizan Belgrade.
- Wojciech Szczesnyspend the whole match on the bench in Arsenal's 3-1 win over Partizan Belgrade.
Boruc has struggled to oust Sebastien Frey from his position as Fiorentina number one, since signing in July for an undisclosed fee from Celtic. The 30-year-old goalkeeper has yet to make a league appearance for la Viola, and has threatened to quit the club.
Poland: Filip Bednarek - Filip Modelski, Michal Czekaj, Marcin Kaminski, Rafal Pietrzak - Andre Dej (46. Michal Zyro), Piotr Mrozinski (76 Damian Adamczyk), Wojciech Golla, Damian Dabrowski (72. Damian Rysiewski) - Pawel Wszolek (70. Julien Tadrowski), Bartosz Bereszynski (66. Szymon Soltynski)
The second friendly match between the two nations will take place on September 30.
Poland U-20 coach Stefan Majewski called up 18 players for friendly match against Germany. The match will take place in Wloclawek on October 10.
Goalkeepers: Wojciech Szczesny (Arsenal FC), Jakub Slowik (Jagiellonia Bialystok)
Defenders: Wojciech Wilczynski (Arka Gdynia), Piotr Malarczyk (Korona Kielce), Krzysztof Hus (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Marcin Kaminski (Lech Poznan), Mateusz Matras (Piast Gliwice)
Midfielders: Grzegorz Krychowiak (Stade de Reims), Alan Stulin (1. FC Kaiserslautern), Tomasz Kupisz (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Adrian Blad (Zaglebie Lubin), Tomasz Holota (GKS Katowice), Kamil Drygas (Lech Poznan), Mateusz Mondzen (Lech Poznan), Ariel Borysiuk (Legia Warszawa)
Forwards: Milosz Przybecki (Ruch Radzionkow), Mateusz Szczepaniak (AJ Auxerre), Michal Kucharczyk (Legia Warszawa)
Monday, September 27, 2010
Goalkeepers: Once again Smuda calls up the same goalkeepers: Boruc, Tyton and Sandomierski. Boruc will probably get the 90 minutes against United States while Tyton and Sandomierski share 45 minutes in the Ecuador game. Theres no other Polish keeper that deserves a call up right now.
Defenders: Smuda didn't call up any natural left defender. He was thinking between Gancarczyk from Lech Poznan and Brzyski from Polonia Warszawa but instead he calls up 24-year old central defender Hubert Wolakiewicz. Lukasz Mierzejewski returns to the NT and does Dariusz Pietrasiak. I have no clue who will be our left defender against USA and Ecuador. Sebastian Boenisch is out for six months with an injury.
Midfielders: Three new midfielders were added to our squad: Bonin, Majewski and Salamon. Most of us were shocked when Smuda announced that Salamon was called up. He plays in the Italian third division but I don't think we will see him on the field during both matches. Rado Majewski returns to the NT after some impressing matches with Forest in the Championship. Adrian Mierzejewski and Ludovic Obraniak also return after missing last call ups due to injuries.
Forwards: Smuda also shocked us by calling up Andrzej Niedzielan. The Korona Kielce forward has been on fire this season scoring goals. Smuda also gives another chance to Smolarek whos been quiet on the Ekstraklasa pitches since the last call ups. Kamil Grosicki whos one of the best players in the EK right now should get more minutes.
My prediction: Starting lineup against USA
p.s. I seriously had no idea who to put as the left defender.
Frank Smuda tried to convince Sadlok but the Ruch Chorzow defender wouldn't chance his mind.
Its not the first time Sadlok decided not to fly in airplanes.
Poland U-23 Squad:
Goalkeepers:Michal Gliwa (Polonia Warszawa), Bartosz Kaniecki (Widzew Lodz)
Defenders: Artur Jedrzejczyk (Legia Warszawa), Przemyslaw Kocot (Zaglebie Lubin), Mariusz Pawelec (Slask Wroclaw), Michal Plotka (Arka Gdynia), Piotr Polczak (Cracovia Krakow), Jakub Rzezniczak (Legia Warszawa), Tadeusz Socha (Slask Wroclaw), Jakub Tosik (Polonia Warszawa)
Midfielders: Marcin Budzinski (Arka Gdynia), Lukasz Hanzel (Zaglebie Lubin), Maciej Makuszewski (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Waldemar Sobota (Slask Wroclaw), Cezary Wilk (Wisla Krakow)
Forwards: Daniel Golebiewski (Polonia Warszawa), Grzegorz Kuswik (GKS Belchatow), Arkadiusz Wozniak (Zaglebie Lubin)
Reserves: Filip Kurto (Wisla Krakow), Jakub Slowik (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Mateusz Kowalski (Wisla Krakow), Marcin Pietrowski (Lechia Gdansk), Mariusz Sacha (Cracovia Krakow), Przemyslaw Trytko (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Marcin Wodecki (Gornik Zabrze).
On October 9th, Poland U-23 will face Iran U-23 and on October 12, Poland U-23 will face Wales.
The Polish keeper is taking the gloves because Manuel Almunia picked up an elbow injury during a penalty incident against West Brom on Saturday.
-"We have Manual Almunia out," manager Arsene Wenger told the club's official website. -"He has a problem with his elbow. He caught it when he made the penalty save on Saturday."
Goalkeepers: Grzegorz Sandomierski (Jagiellonia Bialystok)
Defenders: Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznan), Lukasz Mierzejewski (Cracovia Krakow), Dariusz Pietrasiak (Polonia Warszawa), Hubert Wolakiewicz (Lechia Gdansk)
Midfielders: Grzegorz Bonin (Gornik Zabrze), Adrian Mierzejewski (Polonia Warszawa)
Forwards: Andrzej Niedzielan (Korona Kielce), Kamil Grosicki (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Polonia Warszawa)
Heres the full squad
Goalkeepers: Artur Boruc (ACF Fiorentina), Grzegorz Sandomierski (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Przemyslaw Tyton (Roda JC)
Defenders: Lukasz Mierzejewski (Cracovia Krakow), Kamil Glik (Palermo), Michal Zewlakow (Ankaragucu), Dariusz Pietrasiak (Polonia Warszawa), Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund, Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznan), Hubert Wolakiewicz (Lechia Gdańsk)
Midfielders: Jakub Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Grzegorz Bonin (Gornik Zabrze), Radoslaw Majewski (Nottingham Forest), Adam Matuszczyk (FC Koln), Adrian Mierzejewski (Polonia Warszawa), Rafal Murawski (FC Rubin Kazan), Ludovic Obraniak (Lille), Bartosz Salamon (US Foggia)
Forwards: Kamil Grosicki (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Ireneusz Jelen (AJ Auxerre), Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Andrzej Niedzielan (Korona Kielce), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Polonia Warszawa)
What do you think?
Sunday, September 26, 2010
How did you react to Smuda's call up?
Bartosz Salamon: A smile of surprise. In general, I didn't expect a call up. I didn't talk to anyone and no one called me. The first signal I received was on Wednesday but I though I was getting called up to the youth team. I wasn't dreaming about the senior team. I thought that if I play in the third division, no one will be interested in me. But maybe someone saw my matches with the U-20 team. I know I don't deserve a call up to the senior team. I'm only 19-years old and just entering professional football but they have nothing to loose. At trainings I want to show myself to the coach and will see what happens.
What are your plans for the future?
Now I want to play as much as possible. This year will be my last in the third division. Starting next season, I want to play at the highest level. I'm returning to Bresica and will see what happens next.
According to Orange Sport Info, Orest Lenczyk will replace recently fired Ryszard Tarasiewicz as coach of Slask Wroclaw.
There were three candidates for the job: Orest Lenczyk, Jose Bakero and Czeslaw Michniewicz. Finally, Slask Wroclaw officials decided to go with the former Wisla Krakow, GKS Belchatow and Cracovia Krakow boss.
After 7 rounds, Slask Wroclaw sit 15th in the standings with 4 points.
- Artur Boruc (Fiorentina)- On the bench in a 2-0 win over Parma.
- Przemyslaw Tyton (Roda JC)- 90 minutes in a 2-2 draw with Heerenveen.
- Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund)- On the bench in a 3-1 win over St Pauli.
- Kamil Glik (Palermo)- Did not dress in a 2-2 draw with Lecce.
- Michal Zewlakow (Ankaragucu)- On the bench in a 1-0 lose to Genclerbirligi.
- Rafal Murawski (Rubin Kazan)- 90 minutes in a 1-0 win over Alania Vladikavkaz.
- Bartosz Salamon (US Foggia)-Started and played 60 minutes in a 2-0 win over SS Juve Stabia.
- Jakub Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund)- Came off the bench in the 78th minute in a 3-1 win over St Pauli.
- Adam Matuszczyk (FC Koln)- 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Hoffenheim.
- Ludovic Obraniak (Lille)- Started, played 70 minutes and received a yellow card in a 1-1 draw with Toulouse.
- Radoslaw Majewski (Nottingham Forest) Came off the bench in the 75th minute and scored a goal in a 3-1 win over Swansea City.
- Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund)- Came off the bench in the 70th minute in a 3-1 win over St Pauli.
- Ireneusz Jelen (Auxerre)- Did not play in a 2-2 with AS Nancy.
Jagiellonia Bialystok 2:0 Zaglebie Lubin
1:0 Kamil Grosicki 77'
2:0 Tomasz Kupisz 84'
Jagiellonia: Grzegorz Sandomierski - Mladen Kascelan, Andrius Skerla, Thiago Cionek, Alexis Norambuena - Tomasz Kupisz, Hermes, Rafal Grzyb (83. Przemyslaw Trytko), Jaroslaw Lato - Maciej Makuszewski (46. Kamil Grosicki), Tomasz Frankowski (82. Franck Essomba).
Zaglebie: Bojan Isailovic - Grzegorz Bartczak, Csaba Horvath, Sergio Reina (86. Bartosz Rymaniak), Costa Nhamoinesu - Przemyslaw Kocot, Mateusz Bartczak, Kamil Wilczek (77. Martins Ekwueme), Arkadiusz Wozniak (82. Wojciech Kedziora) - Lukasz Hanzel, Dawid Plizga.
GKS Belchatow 1:1 Wisla Krakow
1:0 Maciej Malkowski 60'
1:1 Rafal Boguski 81' (penalty kick)
GKS: Lukasz Sapela - Zlatko Tanevski, Mate Lacic, Marcin Drzymont, Jacek Popek - Marcus Vinicius (72. Tomasz Wrobel), Grzegorz Baran, Janusz Gol, Kamil Pozniak (74. Dawid Nowak), Maciej Malkowski - Grzegorz Kuswik (86. Grzegorz Fonfara)
Wisla: Mariusz Pawelek - Erik Cikos (46. Serge Branco), Osman Chavez, Cleber, Dragan Paljic - Andres Rios (46. Patryk Malecki), Radoslaw Sobolewski, Cezary Wilk (74. Rafal Boguski), Maciej Zurawski, Nourdin Boukhari - Pawel Brozek
1:1 Boguski (penalty kick)
Click on name to see video.
- Bartosz Salamon started and played 60 minutes in US Foggia's 2-0 win over SS Juve Stabia. Salamon played as a defensive midfielder.
- Tomasz Kuszczak spend the whole match on the bench in Manchester United's 2-2 draw with Bolton.
- Blazej Augustyn did not dress in Catania's 1-0 lose to Bologna. Augustyn is recovering from an injury.
- Kamil Glik did not dress in Palermo's 2-2 draw with Lecce.
- Artur Boruc spend the whole match on the bench in Fiorentina's 2-0 win over Parma.
- Alan Stulin did not dress in Kaiserslautern's 1-0 lose to Hannover 96.
- Sebastian Tyrala came off the bench in the 78th minute in VfL Osnabruck's 1-0 lose to RW Oberhausen.
- Ludovic Obraniak started, played 70 minutes and recived a yellow card in Lille's 1-1 draw with Toulouse.
- Bartlomiej Grzelak started, played 85 minutes and scored a goal in Sibir Novosibirsk's 1-0 win over FK Rostov-Na-Donu.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
- Lukasz Fabianski spend the whole match on the bench in Arsenal's 3-2 lose to West Bromwich.
- Tomasz Cywka spend the whole match on the bench in Derby County's 5-0 win over Crystal Palace.
- Radoslaw Majewski came off the bench in the 75th minute and scored a goal in Nottingham Forest's 3-1 win over Swansea City.
- Lukasz Zaluska spend the whole match on the bench in Celtic's 2-1 win over Hibernian.
- Lukasz Piszczek spend the whole match on the bench in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win over St Pauli.
- Jakub Blaszczykowski came off the bench in the 78th minute in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win over St Pauli.
- Robert Lewandowski came off the bench in the 70th minute and took one shot on goal in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win over St Pauli.
- Sebastian Boenisch did not play in Werder's 3-2 win over Hamburg SV; injured.
- Ireneusz Jelen did not play in Auxerre's 2-2 draw with AS Nancy; injured.
- Dariusz Dudka spend the whole match on the bench in Auxerre's 2-2 draw with AS Nancy.
- Przemyslaw Tyton played 90 minutes in Roda JC Kerkrade's 2-2 draw with Heerenveen.
- Rafal Murawski played 90 minutes in Rubin Kazan's 1-0 win over Alania Vladikavkaz.
- Mariusz Lewandowski played 90 minutes and scored a goal in PFC Sevastopol's 4-2 lose.
Friday, September 24, 2010
- Adam Matuszczyk played 90 minutes and took four shots in FC Koln's 1-1 draw with Hoffenheim.
- Grzegorz Krychowiak played 90 minutes in Stade de Reims' 0-0 draw with Metz.
- Michal Janota played 90 minutes and scored a goal in Go Ahead Eagles' 3-1 lose to RKC Waalwijk.
Legia Warszawa 2:1 Lech Poznan
0:1 Siergiej Krivets 9'
1:1 Michal Kucharczyk 38'
2:1 Bruno Menzega 88'
Legia: Marijan Antolovic - Jakub Rzezniczak, Inaki Astiz, Dickson Choto (70. Artur Jedrzejczyk), Tomasz Kielbowicz - Manu, Ivica Vrdoljak, Ariel Borysiuk, Maciej Rybus - Michal Kucharczyk (63. Miroslav Radovic), Takesure Chinyama (80. Bruno Mezenga).
Lech: Jasmin Buric - Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (86. Jacek Kielb), Bartosz Bosacki, Manuel Arboleda, Luis Henriquez - Marcin Kikut (66. Jakub Wilk), Dimitrije Injac, Semir Stilic (77. Artur Wichniarek), Siergiej Krivets, Slawomir Peszko - Artjoms Rudnevs.
Maciej Rybus' Red Card
Korona Kielce 2:1 Slask Wroclaw
1:0 Krzysztof Wolczek 57' (Own goal)
2:0 Jacek Markiewicz 83'
2:1 Lukasz Gikiewicz 90'
Korona: Zbigniew Malkowski -Jacek Markiewicz, Hernani, Pavol Stano, Pawel Golanski (70. Tomasz Nowak) - Maciej Korzym (46. Pawel Kaczmarek), Aleksandar Vukovic,Vlastimir Jovanovic (88. Piotr Malarczyk),Pawel Sobolewski - Edi Andradina, Andrzej Niedzielan.
Slask: Marian Kelemen - Krzysztof Wolczek, Piotr Celeban, Jaroslaw Fojut, Amir Spahic - Waldemar Sobota, Przemyslaw Kazmierczak, Sebastian Mila (82. Piotr Cwielong), Lukasz Madej (75. Marek Gancarczyk) - Cristian Omar Diaz (86. Lukasz Gikiewicz), Vuk Sotirovic.
1:0 Wolczek (Own goal)
Frank Smuda has called up 13 foreign-based players for Poland's October friendlies, including a surprise selection in 19-year old Bartosz Salamon.
-"I'm very surprised, but proud all the same. I didn't expect this... for a 19-year-old player it's a big thing. I'm not afraid and don't feel any nervousness. I just want to demonstrate my best ability and show the coach that I deserve further call ups," Salamon told futbolnews.pl.
Goalkeepers: Artur Boruc (Fiorentina), Przemyslaw Tyton (Roda JC Kerkrade)
Defenders: Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Kamil Glik (Palermo), MichaL Zewlakow (Ankaragucu)
Midfielders: Rafal Murawski (Rubin Kazan), Bartosz Salamon (US Foggia), Jakub Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adam Matuszczyk (FC Koln), Ludovic Obraniak (Lille), Radoslaw Majewski (Nottingham Forest)
Forwards: Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Ireneusz Jelen (AJ Auxerre)
What do you think about Smuda's call ups?
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
0:1 Maciej Makuszewski 5'
Ruch Zdzieszowice 1:3 Ruch Chorzow
0:1 Maciej Jankowski 1'
0:2 Krzysztof Nykiel 50'
1:2 Leszek Juszczak 54'
1:3 Maciej Jankowski 61'
OKS 1945 Olsztyn 2:0 Odra Wodzisław
1:0 Lukasz Tumicz 6'
2:0 Radolsaw Stefanowicz 27'
KSZO Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski 2:1 Arka Gdynia
1:0 Tomasz Zelazowski 95'
2:0 Jaroslaw Bialek 99'
2:1 Mirko Ivanovski 111'
Podbeskidzie Bielsko-Biala 2:0 Piast Gliwice
1:0 Sylwester Patejuk 76'
2:0 Michal Osinski 88'
Widzew Lodz 1:0 Zaglebie Lubin
1:0 Paul Grischok 103'
Kuszczak is now in his sixth season at Old Trafford but made only his 53rd appearance when Manchester United defeated Scunthorpe United 5:2.
And having seen Ben Foster prosper since he quit United for Birmingham in the summer, the Polish stopper realises he may have to do the same.
"I could understand Ben's position. He wanted to move because he wanted regular football and he wanted to play for England. But if I don't get enough games I will have to do the same as Ben," Kuszczak started.
"The years are going by and I will be 29 after this season. I want to enjoy football and I want to play," Kuszczak added.
****Goal.com gave Kuszczak a rating of 8 (1-10 with this note: Forget the score line, the Pole was the busier of the two goalkeepers. Barr one nervous spill from a shot, was solid in the face of the peppering from the hosts.
- Artur Boruc spend the whole match on the bench in Fiorentina's 1-1 draw with Genoa.
- Sebastian Tyrala started, played 62 minutes and took one shot in VfL Osnabruck's 4-1 win over FC Union Berlin.
- Blazej Augustyn did not dress for Catania. Hes recovering from an injury.
- Dawid Janczyk did not dress in Germinal Beerschot's 3-2 lose to Zulte-Waregem.
Here are the two goals Kuszczak allowed.
Judge for yourself
Once again our Poles contribute to Borussia Dortmund's win. This time the German side defeated Kaiserslautern 5:0.
- Jakub Blaszczykowski played 90 minutes, took one shot and recorded an assist.
- Lukasz Piszczek played 90 minutes, took one shot and recorded an assist.
- Robert Lewandowski came off the bench in the 69th minutes and scored a goal.
Lewandowski's Goal and Kuba's Assist
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Slawomir Peszko and Maciej Iwanski wont play in Frank Smuda's kadra anymore. According to Rzeczpospolita, Smuda banned both players from the national team for breaking curfew.
The ban relates to a late-night incident following Poland's friendly match with Australia in Krakow earlier this month.
The newspaper claims that Peszko was, "with difficulty", trying to leave Iwanski's hotel room at 4:00 AM when he was noticed by assistant coach Jacek Zielinski. Upon being confronted, the presumably intoxicated Peszko is alleged to have offended Zielinski by questioning his competence.
Today, PZPN confirmed that an incident had indeed taken place through the following statement, "After the Polish national team's previous match with Australia in Kraków, two players – Maciej Iwanski and Slawomir Peszko – violated the rules of the squad."
This is what Frank Smuda had to say, "The Polish national team has certain rules when it comes to discipline. From the beginning I said that there will not be any tolerance for this type of behaviour. If someone violates these rules, then they have no right to play for the team."
The stadium in Poznan, Poland, opened on Monday after reconstruction work worth $210 million, becoming the first stadium in Poland ready to host the 2012 European Football Championship.
According to the Polish Press Agency, the construction of sports grounds, evacuation roads and parking lots will be completed by the end of the year.
"This is a very important day for Polish football - the most prestigious status of Elite was immediately given to the city stadium in Poznan. If UEFA still has some additional remarks, they will concern mainly the security system of the stadium and catering," Polish UEFA Euro 2012 tournament Director Adam Olkowicz said during the First Program on the Polish Radio.
At the same time, he added he expects that the UEFA Inspection Committee at a meeting in Lviv on Tuesday will take a final decision to hold the Euro 2012 European Football Championship in Poland and Ukraine.
Heres the goal Fabianski allowed. He should have saved this one.
Goal.com gave Fabianski a rating of 5 (1-10) with this note: Oh dear. The Arsenal No2 could - and should - have saved Keane's equalizer, which squirmed under his body. How many more chances does the fallible Pole get?
-"Despite our talks before the season, Arsene Wenger seems to forget he has a goalkeeper named Wojciech Szczesny in the team. He is avoiding me at every occasion," Szczesny told Gazeta Wyborcza.
-"Wenger told me to fight for a first-team place, but then he didn't include me in the squad for the Carling Cup game. I'm ready to play at the highest level but I need a club that believes in a 20-year-old. In Arsenal there's no such bravery. My main goal is to play for Arsenal, but if there's a move option, we'll have words," Szczesny added.
"I want to be loaned out, but Wenger tells me that I am needed at Arsenal." Szczesny told sport.pl
Dolcan Zabki 0:1 Wisla Krakow
0:1 Pawel Brozek 10'
GKS Tychy 71 0:1 Lech Poznan
0:1 Semir Stilic 77'
Znicz Pruszkow 0:1 Polonia Warszawa
0:1 Bruno Coutinho 90'
Wigry Suwalki 0:2 Korona Kielce
0:1 Maciej Tataj 20'
0:2 Maciej Tataj 78'
Concordia Piotrkow Trybunalski 0:1 GKS Belchatow
0:1 Marcus Vinicius 20'
GKP Gorzow Wlkp. 0:1 Cracovia
0:1 Bartosz Slusarski 69'
Gornik Zabrze 0:2 Lechia Gdansk
0:1 Abdou Traore 15'
0:2 Bedi Buval 45'
LKS Lodz 3:0 Polonia Bytom
1:0 Mariusz Mowlik 57'
2:0 Jakub Kosecki 64'
3:0 Marcin Mieciel 90'
Swit Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki 0:1 Slask Wroclaw
0:1 Lukasz Gikiewicz 23'
Pogon Szczecin 0:1 Legia Warszawa
0:1 Michal Kucharczyk 88'
On Monday, Sebastian Boenisch underwent arthroscopy on his right knee, and the left defender will be sidelined for about 6 months.
-"His knee problems started earlier but somehow we managed the pain without the need for surgery. We were hopeful that this time would be the same, but unfortunately we couldn't stop the pain," said Werder Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf.
"The result of the investigation is for me, of course, a slap in the face. But the doctor told me that the intervention was necessary and that everything will heal properly again. This injury will not kill me and I will do everything possible to come back even stronger," said Sebastian Boenisch.
This means Smuda must go back and search for a temporary left defender.
Any ideas how should get the job for now?
Monday, September 20, 2010
Three years ago, at the U-20 FIFA World Cup in Canada, the Polish U-20 national team had talent and rising players. Michal Globisz took 21 players over seas which defeated Brazil in the group stage but then lost to the champions Argentina in the Round of 16. So whats going on right now with those talents?
Przemyslaw Tyton (Roda Kerkrade)- Last spring, Tyton found out the starting job at Roda and since than is the starter week in and week out. He also impressed Smuda who calls him up to the national team consistently.
Wojciech Szczesny (Arsenal)- Is currently the third keeper at Arsenal. He spend half of last season on loan at Brentford where he impressed.
Patryk Malecki (Wisła Krakow)- A star at Wisla Krakow and in the Ekstraklasa. He was getting called up to the national team but for his bad behavior, hes been dismissed from the NT.
On The Right Track
Tomasz Cywka (Derby County)- Since he moved to Derby County, Cywka has been a starter and a rising star in the English Championship.
Jaroslaw Fojut (Slask Wroclaw)- After a poor spell in England, Fojut returned to Poland and has been a strong defender for Slask.
Dawid Janczyk (Germinal Beerschot)- Is on loan from CSKA Moscow. Last season, Janczyk was a starter and scored goals consistently. This season has been a poor start for the striker but hes working on getting back to the lineup.
Lukasz Janoszka (Ruch Chorzow)- After an impressing season last year, Janoszka has emerged as one of the stars for Ruch.
Krzysztof Krol (Chicago Fire)- After returing from Spain, Krol had a very strong season with Jaga but later was loaned out to Chicago Fire and has been a starter there.
Grzegorz Krychowiak (Stade Reims)- A raising star and starter at Ligue 2 side Stade Reims.
Mariusz Sacha (Cracovia)- After an impressing spell at Podbeskidzie Bielsko-Biala, Sacha has caught attention at Cracovia and has been at regular there.
Heading The Wrong Way
Bartosz Bialkowski (Southampton F.C.)- At the age of 23, Bialkowski who was the staring keeper for the U-20 team in Canada is still a back up at Southampton. Was close to moving to Portugal but failed his physical.
Adam Danch (Gornik Zabrze)- Was considered a big talent in the Ekstraklasa but after Gornik was relegated to the First League, Danch really dropped. Hes now only a reserve at the Zabrze club.
Artur Marciniak (GKS Belchatow)- Cant find his way into Belchatow's starting lineup. Last season, he was loaned out to Warta Poznan. Now he plays in the Mloda Ekstraklasa (Young Ekstraklasa is for anyone)
Pawel Adamiec (Sokol Aleksandrow Lodzki)- After poor spells at GKS Belchatow and Motor Lubin, Adamiec plays for third league side Sokol where hes a starter.
Maciej Dabrowski (Zawisza Bydgoszcz)- A starter at Zawisza in the Polish Second League. Poor spells at Korona Kielce and GKS Belchatow.
Jakub Feter (Lech Rypin)- Had a poor spell with GKS Belchatow. Plays for Third Division side Lech Rypin.
Adrian Marek (Zaglebie Sosnowiec)- A starter at Second Division side Zaglebie.
Damian Raczka (Without A Club)- Played for Borussia Monchengladbach, Schalke and Mainz 05. Lately he played for Bulgarian side Lokomotiv Mezdra but now hes without a club.
Ben Starosta (Dandenong Thunder)- Once played for English side Sheffield United F.C. He now plays in the Australian Second Division.
Krzysztof Strugarek (End Of Career)- In 2009, he signed with Polonia Bytom. He ended his career due to hearing problems.
Jakub Szalek (Chemik Police)- After a poor spell at Lech Poznan, Szalek returned to his former club which play in the Polish Third Division.
So far, Artur Boruc watched all of Fiorentina's league matches from the bench. Italian media reports that Boruc may get a chance to start in goal against Genoa on Wednesday.
Fiorentina's coach Sinisa Mihajlovic is unhappy and is set to makes some changes including changing Boruc for Sebastien Frey.
After three fixtures, Fiorentina have one point and sit next to last in the Serie A standings.
I contacted the head press officer for Coventry City F.C. and have eventually sorted out a telephone interview with Lukasz next week! So do keep your eyes open!
I will post the script of our interview here and I will also post a link to an edited radio version of the interview on BBC iplayer for readers from the U.K.
Thank-you for the question suggestions, I have taken them down. Any more questions you guys want me to ask Lukasz are more than welcome!
Polish international defender Sebastian Boenisch underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee. At this moment, its still unknown how long the Werder Bremen defender must pause.
After surgery, Boenisch must undergo rehabilitation which may result in him missing Poland's next two friendlies.
On October 9th, Poland will face United States, and three days later Poland will play Ecuador.
Frank Smuda's assistants traveled to France to watch Damien Perquis in action on Saturday. During a meeting with Smuda's assistants, FC Sochaux defender Damien Perquis confirmed that he wants to play for Poland.
-"We met Perquis after the match and Damien stated his desire to play for Poland. Today his performance confirmed the skill we saw watching him play on television" explained Hubert Małowiejski.
-"We don't have a defender in Poland with his aerial abilities. He doesn't allow players to push through him on defense and his is very dangerous offensively as well" said national team assistant Jacek Zielinski.
The information has already been delivered to coach Frank Smuda, who assures that he will personally travel to France to see the player in action in the near future. However, there is almost no chance that we will see Perquis play for Poland this year.
"We know that the process of granting Perquis Polish citizenship will not be a simple one," Malowiejski added.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Arka Gdynia 1:0 Jagiellonia Bialystok
1:0 Tadas Labukas 68'
Arka: Norbert Witkowski - Marciano Bruma, Maciej Szmatiuk (71. Pawel Zawistowski), Ante Rozic, Emil Noll - Wojciech Wilczynski, Marcin Budzinski, Miroslav Bozok, Denis Glavina (62. Joseph Desire Mawaye, 80. Michal Plotka) - Mirko Ivanovski, Tadas Labukas.
Jagiellonia: Grzegorz Sandomierski - Alexis Norambuena, Andrius Skerla, Thiago Cionek, Jaroslaw Lato - Kamil Grosicki (79. Przemyslaw Trytko), Hermes, Rafal Grzyb (83. Maciej Makuszewski), Marcin Burkhardt (35. Mladen Kascelan), Tomasz Kupisz - Tomasz Frankowski.
- Robert Lewandowski came off the bench in the 74th minute, took four shots and scored a goal in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win over Schalke.
- Jakub Blaszczykowski came off the bench in the 45th minute, took one shot on goal and recorded an assist in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win over Schalke.
- Lukasz Piszczek came off the bench in the 81st minute in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win over Schalke.
- Lukasz Zaluska spend the whole match on the bench in Celtic's 2-1 win over Kilmarnock.
- Tomasz Kuszczak spend the whole match on the bench in Manchester United 3-2 win over Liverpool.
- Kamil Glik did not dress in Palermo's 2-1 lose to Inter.
- Sebastian Tyrala played 90 minutes, took four shots on goal and scored a goal in VfL Osnabruck's 2-2 draw with FC Augsburg.
- Ireneusz Jelen started and played 71 minutes in Auxerre's 1-0 lose to Lille.
- Dariusz Dudka spend the whole match on the bench in Auxerre's 1-0 lose to Lille.
- Ludovic Obraniak came off the bench in the 79th minute in Lille's 1-0 win over Auxerre.
- Przemyslaw Tyton played 90 minutes in Roda's 0-0 draw with PSV.
- Mateusz Prus spend the whole match on the bench in Roda's 0-0 draw with PSV.